Tuesday, November 11, 2014

MODERN TECHNOLOGY

As I told the Nurse this morning....  The Scot is just nosey.... he wants to try everything.

He now has to have a Pill Cam Capsule Endoscopy...... that is he will swallow  a tiny wireless camera contained in an easy to swallow disposable capsule which will capture images as it travels naturally through the small intestine.   
The images are transmitted to a recorder which will be strapped across his body.   He wears this for approx. 7 hours it is then returned and they send the recording to be printed out.   Apparently the Nurse said the images that appear are very clear.
(He wont need to retrieve the camera it is flushed away.

Whatever will they think of next.

To see what I mean go to http://www.digestivehealth.com.au/pillcam.htm

4 comments:

pegsplace said...

I hope the Scott's diagnosis is okay. What a neat idea to take a pill, so non-invasive!

Anonymous said...

Tell The Scot I will see that Santa delivers a neat photo album in his stocking....! So pleased that so far -so good - and that this next procedure's results are also as good....
All my love and big hugs,
Jules. xxx

Vireya said...

Amazing use of technology!

Hope everything it finds is OK, though.

Snoskred said...

Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

I could probably manage this. Technology is so incredible these days. :)

As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I also add participating blogs to my feed reader.

So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, I’m reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you’ll likely see me drop by again during November.

Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
Snoskred
http://www.snoskred.org