Saturday, May 31, 2014

TIME PASSES SO FAST

Forty three years ago I had a small (well it was quite heavy) bundle of joy.   It entered the world like a foghorn on a dark and dreary night with eyes tightly closed.    The foghorn persisted for quite some years, the eyes were forced open but no permanent damage (thank goodness).
I had a blueprint for his life, but he didn't like it so made his own.     I despaired but why didn't I trust his

If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back to you, it's yours.
If it doesn't, it never was.
We do not possess anything in this world.
We only imagine that we do.
Our spouses, our children, our friends are not ours;
THEY BELONG ONLY TO THEMSELVES
 
 
 
would you believe that all the photos I have,  there is a BANDAID somewhere.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY .......    MIDDLE SON
 
you have done well and make me proud
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute - and full of humour - so how could he not do you proud?! A great mum, very wise and very caring.

And as I said before - I bet you feel a whole lot better than all those years ago on this date! :-D

Just the sort of little lad I love, tough and fearless and a big smile! Knows exactly what he wants from life and is not too proud to go out and get it. Lovely. Happy birthday R.

Elaine Adair said...

LOL - I saw that bandaid first thing! How happy he is, in all that outdoors, messy stuff!!! You two folks must have done a good job Sheila !!!

Molly said...

What a cutie! Replied to your comment in my comments....more books later and what have you been reading? I guess I'll check your sidebar....