Wednesday, May 14, 2014

BEAUTIFUL DAYS

 
Just before the Winter Months really settle in, we often have beautiful sunny, warm, not hot and not windy, days.   At the moment we are in the middle of a spell of such days.
 
My Vitamin D levels are very low, according to my latest blood test, so I have resolved to spend at least 15 minutes a day on the garden.
 
The Scot loves these days and here he is with his veggie plot.   The bird seed he planted grew very well, and so he has dug it in as green compost.  He diligently follows Gardening Australia each Saturday on the TV.
 
He has planted, carrots, cabbage, onions, and beetroot,  I wanted baby beets but apparently they aren't grown, they are just small beetroots.
 
 
 
 


I was in the front garden, sorting out the shrubs.   I have changed a few things, and when Then Scot isn't looking I do some pruning, well a little more than pruning so he says.

 
and I can now show you the Blessings Wallhanging I made  for my cister in the UK.  This is the one that I asked what colour her kitchen was and she said yellow.... a colour I have difficulty with when sewing.   So I just bound it.

 
and this is the label I printed for the back.    We are not really Sisters but her grandmother was my fathers sister.   So somewhat cousins removed, but we like to think we are cisters, and we definitely come from the same Tredwell family.  Lots of characteristics similar there.


 
I was desperate to mail it, as Quilters presents always seem to be late, and I had used all my wrapping paper.   So I used fabric and ribbon.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And very acceptable the wall hanging is! Always exciting having the postie bring a parcel from birdy - often beautiful work to treasure and bring her into our home. I truly appreciate the love worked into quilts, wall-hangings and bags etc; especially since I only inherited the 'laundress' traits! None of the gifted stitch craft - but I do know how to care for them! lol. Gifts from me tend to be 'fat squares' or silks, when I am desperate for inspiration!
It is a deep joy to finally have a 'cister' - and what a wonderfully talented one too!
She passes on good book reads too, so I have 'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion waiting for me after I finish the whole set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books. I read them to my children but re-reading them I find them very suitable for adults too...... :-D