Friday, May 23, 2014

A WOMAN's PRIVILEDGE

Indeed it is a Woman's Privilege to be able to and to actually 'change her mind' or as I see it 'break the rooles because there are no rooles'.    In this case its my Grandmothers Flowers Quilt.   This is an ongoing work in progress, especially soothing in times of stress or worry.
I did intend to stitch 1 Flower a Week - now whilst this may seem easy to accomplish it just doesn't happen.

But over the past few weeks I have been quite productive

 
But back to 'changing my mind' ..... I have had many ides but now I think I have 'the icing on top of the cake, or rather the cream in the middle.
 
 
or better still make another cuppa and visit  Greta's site, and read her blog.  She is one fantastic lady.  I wont start to describe her because words fail me.
 
But the pattern has been ordered and delivered,,    isn't the Internet marvellous..   And this will be the centre of my quilt.  Plan on it  being Queen size.  I am also hoping to use clam shells as well as the hexies.   I have decided I will save my money and get it professionally quilted, as my little Pfaff and I are both a tad old for such great activity.
 
Thank goodness its winter on the way, and I have a definite project for the cold, probably wet winter days.

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Exciting!

I'm working on the flower ball too, but I'm not putting it together the way Geta suggests in the pattern, I'm doing it flower by flower. Let me know if you want details of my system (it involves a lot of envelopes).

I'll enjoy seeing yours in progress on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Goodness me, this looks interesting.... Yes, one amazing lady - but so are you!
Busy busy........ :-D