Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

I have been wishing  for March since Christmas but maybe I should have stuck with the heat of January.

It has still been hot but it does cool down at night, which is a relief.   But oh we do need rain.   Its so dry and dust is everywhere.  I don't have hay fever, but I do find I am sneezing and carry two handkerchiefs with me.

Here is what my front garden looked like this afternoon.
 
These little guys are supposed to flower in Spring




The new plants are handling it well, lots of mulch.



The Natives don't seem to miss a beat and I am finding lots of new native birds coming for the nectar

 
  
Despite the coughing and sneezing I managed some weeding.   Looks quite presentable now.


 

And to top it all my Kindle is 'no more'. 

 ....... they promise R A I N   tonight .......  but I wont hold my breath ....... but there's always hope.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... good to see what you have been up to. Sorry about the sneezing and coughing though. The dust must be horrid and you certainly need rain!! Wow! Good results from weeding and the mulching is a good idea. Take care. Jules xxx

Vireya said...

It is raining here right now. i hop you are getting some on your side of the city!

Vireya said...

*I hope* that was supposed to say.