Sunday, January 26, 2014

THIS N'THAT

another HOT day here in Melbourne and I think the plants are getting rather confused.  I found this delightful piece of bloom around the shady greenery in the fishpond area.



This is  a Clivea which is supposed to flower in August,   It looked so lovely I thought I would pick it and get the pleasure of the colour inside.

The garden is looking very sad and dried out.  The hot spell last week really wrecked havoc on the plants, even with watering the leaves are looking very brown and dried out, so as stated in my last post it will be a relief at the end of February when hopefully we can look forward to an Indian Summer.  I love the warm days followed by cool nights.

The afternoon was spent stitching and watching the cricket, although we are not doing too great, but then its the Brits turn to bat, so maybe we can catch up then.

I was rather proud and pleased to see that in the opening ceremony of cricket it opened with  a Traditional Welcome to the Adelaide Oval by a Representative of The Traditional Landowners in  their Native Tongue, followed by the English and then the Australian National anthems.
We do need more consideration for all people who live on this great planet.

So tonight maybe The Brits can go home with 2 wins ....... but I do hope they don't.

2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

May your team win.
That's a beautiful flower.
R

Anonymous said...

A lovely cheery Clivia birdy. Hope you picking the bloom will encourage more in August. As for the cricket - the opening sounds great! I love traditional things, it gives a feeling of pride to the hosts and a feeling of being hosted to the visitors. May the best team win! Think they already have though lol. xxx