Wednesday, January 01, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to all of You and may it be  a peaceful and happy one for us all.

Do you make resolutions ......... I do ........   well it  makes me sit and ponder on some things about myself I would like not to change, but to improve.  I don't usually make them public then you don't know if I keep them.

I often hear folk say that when one retires one day just seems like the rest.  And especially now that my 3 offspring are off in the World making it a better place, it is very peaceful here in  Denver Crescent.  So I like to make special days.  On these days we don't work but just hang out as if they were the only days holiday for the year.  So today I hung out, did a lot of contemplating, well those Resolutions did take some time.  And I finally got the blocks sorted for a quilt The Scot thinks its for a good friend who has helped me, but actually it is a new cuddle quilt for him.

It has taken me over a week to work out the sequence, but I am happy with this and it is made with some of my Holy Fabrics (Holy Fabrics are a quilters fabrics that she really loves and rarely cuts into)
We have different ideas of how to set it out, but finally I decided on my way.  Here it is all ready to start sewing tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy and Healthy 2014 to you and yours birdy!
I know just what you mean by sneaking a few 'holiday' days in - and why not indeed!
What a stunning quilt! It is beautiful, truly vibrant and full of Australian warmth in colour. The Scot will love being given that.
I am going to enjoy my 'holiday' day now lol - and might fit another couple in tomorrow and the day after! :-D xxxx Jules. xxx

Vireya said...

Happy new year to you both!

That's a very nice looking quilt. with some lovely fabrics!

quiltmom said...

I love the name Holy fabrics- I feel that way about lots of my batiks and Kaffe Fassett fabrics- I am not sure why because it is great fun to see all those rich colors in a quilt.
Your quilt turned out great.
Have fun using your Holy fabrics..
Regards,
Anna