Wednesday, May 22, 2013

THANK GOODNESS FOR HEXIES

I think hexies have saved my nerves this week.


I have cut and stitched many petals ready to be made into flowers.

The reason being The Scot, my dh of 44 years, and even tho he has made me mad quite a few times, has been in hospital.  And cutting and stitching hexies seems to calmed my nerves.

I had to ring the ambulance last Tuesday, and I have to say that I have been overwhelmed with the kindness extended to me.   The Ambulance guys were more than terrific, even tho The Scot didn't think he needed to go to hospital.   The Nurses and Doctors at the Monash Medical Centre are outstanding.

But can someone please explain to me why all the car parks have to have LIFTS   and all the wards need a LIFT to get there.   Yes you have guessed it I am claustrophobic.     Life's worst nightmare when visiting hospitals.     But I am amazed at the kindness of everyone when I hang around the lifts waiting for someone and then ask if they could take me to the floor I need, they go out of there way to help me, young and old.  There is great hope for the World yet with such kindness all around.

Fortunate for me The Scot is a Man of Little Words,   and all he has wanted to do is  sleep so my visits have been mainly to take him much needed things. 

So we have the arrangement .... I ring him at 10.am   and he rings me at 5.00pm    Did you know you can now use mobile phones and he can even recharge it plus the ipod should the battery run down.

This has been most helpful as it means I need to only attack the dreaded LIFTS every other day.

and what do you send a male loved one in hospital, I knew he would dread it if I sent flowers and I think he must watch his diet so I thought a GET WELL Balloon.     Have you tried to send a Balloon without flowers or chocolates or a gift at the bottom.     Well I did manage, and I thought he would be terribly embarrassed.  But he rang me a short while ago and I think my dour Scot sounded rather pleased that he had this Get Well Balloon floating above his bed.    Hurry home Scot a house is not a Home without you.

13 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Thinking of you Hope he is ok

Vickie said...

Hugs to you both..I sure hope the Scot is home soon...calling arrangements are a great thing....your hexies look lovely..cheers Vickie

Raewyn said...

What would we do without our hexies? I hope the Scot continues to improve and he is home soon.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you here again birdy and that sewing has come once again as a relaxing occupation. The hexies are very pretty. My love, Jules.x

Vireya said...

Get well wishes to the Scot from me, too!

Hilachas said...

Best wishes to you and the Scot. It sounds like he is recovering well and will soon be home. Meanwhile, your flower garden is growing. Nice to have all those petals for your future flowers. Thanks for sharing.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a bunch of pretty flowers you have made and hope your Scot will soon be well and back home again...

Helen Marasco said...

Great bunch of hexies get we'll wishes to Scot :-))))

What Comes Next? said...

thank goodness indeed! I'm so glad you've had something to keep busy with, I hope your Scot is better and home very soon! xo

sunny said...

Yes, hexies are a wonderful way to while away the time in a hospital waiting room. I hope your Scot is home soon, and you don't have to endure many more Lifts!

Karen said...

I hope The Scot is home soon and see another reason to make hexies!

Pauline Mitchell said...

Oooooh! Sorry to hear the #1 scot in our lives is unwell. That balloon will give him no end of lifts and warm fuzzies .... I hope you are feeling better too. It's a schock when 'they' get ill so suddenly.

pegsplace said...

Thinking or you and your Scot Sheila! yes, hexies will get you through thick and thin!