Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ONE FLOWER A WEEK and more

It has been quite a while since I posted my about my hexies, but they have not been forgotten. 


And so

tra la   my flowers for the past ???? weeks


mainly stitched  in the evenings, whilst sitting with The Scot.  And to be added to the pile of



Of course The Scot can't resist asking (almost every evening)  how may more?   This I don't know as I haven't decided on the finished setting.

During the day the weather has been either very hot or very humid.    Today we have rain ..... no I am not complaining as the garden desperately needs it, but it is so humid.    I am attempting to put some order into the sewing room.   It seems to take for ever, probably because I really don't know what to do with it.   But No 1 Son is visiting in July, and he sleeps in the sewing room, so I must have some order there by them.

This is the shelf with the larger pieces of fabric, which I must say looks very neat but it did take a long time for so little to show.



And to relieve my boredom I now have my new quilt all ready to go


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you HAVE been a busy bee birdy! Sewing room tidy and getting ready for No 1 Son's visit - lovely. The hexies are really pretty and the new quilt is going to be great I am sure. They take a lot of work but are sure worth it on completion day. Glad you have had some rain, just a shame it doesn't come during the night and leave the nice sunny days to enjoy outside. Take care. Jules. x

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Oh! Look at those scrappy flowers! They are gorgeous.

Molly said...

You are a busy little bird! What's the plan for the hexies? I see Kate Morton on your side bar---I'm reading The House at Riverton....Let me know how you like The Secret Keeper. My sewing room is a disaster. All attempts at organizing it are doomed to failure!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

So many pretty flowers!

Karen said...

Wonderful flowers! And, how many more is always the question. lol. Your new project looks very interesting.

Hilachas said...

Those are lovely flowers. I like the way they look together.