Saturday, September 15, 2012

TRY TRY and TRY AGAIN

The Secret Garden ..... I absolutely love this book so I had to join this swap.   But once again my ideas far outweigh my artistic abilities.   But after many attempts, a bin of errr  mishaps, a few choice words, dark looks from the Scot ..... I can now show you








It was quite difficult to find key charms.  But I found some online.  Unfortunately they seemed to be taking forever to arrive.  And as I have to send them to The States I need to get them in the mail as soon as possible.   Searching online I found some more from Aus.   Guess what ..... Murphy's Law both packaged arrived today.   So I have quite a few key charms now.

2 comments:

quiltmom said...

Lovely pieces Miss Aubird woman- I love the book the secret garden- it was given to me by my mother when I was about 9 years old. I loved this story since that time.
I made a quilt for my sister in law who is an English professor at university- her area of expertise children's literature and multimedia.
I got the pattern from an old issue of Australian Patchwork and quilting- very pretty design and she loves the quilt.
Thanks for sharing your lovely pieces Sheila,
Regards,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Adorable birdy! REALLY, REALLY love these! So pretty and of course who could forget "The Secret Garden." A lovely book. Evokes many happy memories of both book and film. Your work is always charming. x