Saturday, September 08, 2012

TAKE YERSELF A CHAIR

and we'll have a good yarn.

Now like all good yarns, there are many versions.   So rather than pick the one I like best just google 'Jack-O-Lantern'.

Growing up in England, we didn't celebrate Halloween..... we had the bonfire on Guy Fawkes night, but more about  that in November.

Back to Halloween.   When we first came to Australia it wasn't heard of.   But of late on the 31st October we have had small knocks (more like answer the door we know you are there knocks).  On opening the door there are usually 3 or four little faces shouting Trick or Treat.  The first year we didn't have any lollies handy so gave them some biscuits (quite expensive chocolate ones at that)   but now I remember to get some lollies in and put them into bags so I have something for them.

The online ATC group I joined has various swaps going on all the time, and I couldn't resist this one....
'Jack-O-Lantern'.   Times like this I wished I lived in The States as they do celebrate all the seasons etc.

These are the cards I made.     The idea formed very quickly.  So yesterday afternoon a trip to Spotlite for bits and bobs.   Then last night whilst sitting with The Scot I cut out the parts and this morning

ta da



I wanted to print on the back.    I made this in Photo Impact



After spending at least two hours trying,    I just couldn't get it to  print.    I had black card and tried various ways.    Thinking it might be the inks of the printer I tried it on a white card and it printed ok.   But I didn't want white, I wanted black.   So on with the thinking cap, and I found the silver pen.    Would you believe it is at least 6 years old and it still writes beautifully.  

If any one reads my blog and can tell me how to print on black, without having to print all the black ink - it would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

PHil the Pom said...

Hi sis your Halloween things look good well dpone,
All ready for tomorrow the girls send their love to you PtP

Jules said...

Just trying for the umpteenth time to comment so here goes.......

Jules said...

How on earth did that happen??? Hahaha - I didn't even need to 'copy' words etc.......

Ok. Right. Lovely work again birdy even though I am, unable to help with the printing. So amazed that this comment box is working after weeks of rejection, I have forgotten what I was going to put! Lol. Actually something else has changed here on this page so I guess I have had a little help here with the set up?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

He Sheila just popping in to see what you have been up to...