Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A MIXED BAG

August has indeed been one of those uggggg months.  One bright spot the visit of No1Son for a week but the rest of it can be discarded.   oh and here comes September ... new kitchen month.   As noted The Scot likes everything exact, is a control freak, and prefers to do everything himself.  So I think I will lock myself in my sewing room.  And maybe I can get some UFO's finished.

Meanwhile I needed something for my hands so back to the hexie flowers.   I was rather productive last week and made four.   The ideas are still forming as to how to finish this quilt, but I have a small problem as I keep changing my mind.    Still the hexie flowers get done so it should make the bed by this time next year.


My Postcards are long overdue but I can now get to the sewing machine so today they are being finished.  And I have been working on a swap of ATC called Japan.   photos coming.

meanwhile here is the lovely Postcard from Thea ... the theme being 'stitch and paint'  she is rather good at this.



True to my word .... 'you can trust me'....... I have finished my Postcards


A new technique for me - drawing (or tracing in my case) colouring in and then using water to create a watercolour impression.   Not bad for my first effort.

And woe is me last night we watched the movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes'   the Scot has now been searching the internet and he states he would like me to cook some.   ummmm there are some downsides to watching movies.  lol.

8 comments:

heather said...

Great hexagons

Hilachas said...

Nice hexie flowers. I know what you mean about constantly changing your mind. I keep seeing new ideas done up with hexies too.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Wonderful hexie flowers! Beautiful postcards.

Karen said...

Welcome back! Love the flowers and wonderful postcard from Thea. I like your watercolour impression too!

sunny said...

Lovely hexies! You even worked them into your postcards. Great job.

Anthea said...

Hi There, these are lovely hexy flowers, good on you getting to work on them again. I do love your postcards too, they are wonderful are on a tiny canvas!

Renate said...

Very nice hexagons. I love the fabrics.

Sarah said...

This lifelong southerner advises you to make the fried green tomatoes. You won't be sorry!