Tuesday, July 17, 2012

TODAY the SUN is SHINING

it is also my 47th ~yes I did say FORTY SEVEN th ~ Wedding Anniversary.
How the years have flown.   Born and bred in England, at 21years 7months I married and followed the 'Man of My Dreams' to the other side of the World, probably breaking my Mothers heart in the process.   I now know what the hearts of Mothers are like.

The Scot, whom I married for better or worse, richer or poorer has always looked after me but is no romantic where cards, presents or flowers are concerned.   I have only ever received 3 bunches of flowers, and those were the obligatory ones when the children were born.

I used to buy him card, for all the occasions, hoping, which gradually dimmed, of receiving one back.   But of course I never did.   Then I suddenly got wise, I started saving them from year to year, being careful not to write on the envelope and he received the same card for every celebration year in and year out AND he didn't even notice.

This year I thought I would make him an ATC .... so last night this is what I created.




Placing it in a plastic holder like the ones I make to swap, I left it on his computer desk.

He has just found it, and said ..... oh   is today Our Anniversary ....

Yes I rest my case.

3 comments:

Jules said...

LOL I remembered this was the day so popped in here to wish you both a very happy anniversary! Jules, SBC xxx

retdairyqueen said...

Congratulations xx

PHil the Pom said...

HI SIS CONGRATS ON YOUR 47TH W/A WHOW DONT THE YEARS FLY BY,AND I AM AFRAID WE DONT GET NO YOUNGER IN THE PROCESS!! i HAVE BEEN DOWN WITH bRONCHITIS FOR THE LAST MONTH AND IT HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL FEEL LIKE A PIECE OF WET RAG,I THINK THE AFTER EFFECT WORSE THAN THE ILLNESS SPENT MORE TIME IN DOORS THAN ANY TIME IN MTY LIFE,, BUT ITS BEEN SO WET THAT HAVN'T MISSED MUCH SEE WE BEAT YOU AT CRICKET 4-0 WITH 1 RAINED OFF YOU HAVE GOT TO FIND A FEW MORE BRADMANS IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE US A GAME NEXT YEAR, GOING TO TRY AN OUT TODAY BOTH THE GIRLS AWAY ON HOLIDAYS THIS WEEK BLESS EM TATTY BYE FOR NOW PTPdouB