Thursday, July 05, 2012

GAMES WE PLAYED

before computer or video games.

My new addiction is ATC's  or Artist Trading Cards.  I joined the Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artisttradingcards/.    I entered my first swap but as I am the International Swapper I mailed mine early and the due date isn't until the end of the month.
The next swap that took my fancy was 'Games Children Played'  or games we used to play.  They had to be board games.  My first swaps were fabric but I thought I would try to do paper this time.

These are my three swaps.   Remember they are miniature works of art (well supposed to be)   And can be made of any media .  The only rules are
they must be 2.1/2 ins x 3`/2 ins and you must swap cannot buy or sell them.






Can you guess what Games they were.  Now to make an Australian themed one for the Hostess gather some 'bits and bobs' she might find useful, and they will be winging their way to The States.   Well in advance of the due date.

3 comments:

Phil the Pom said...

Monopoly, snakes and ladders, chess, they look good to me well done, we have just had the wettest June month for ages, and its rainingg again this morning with more forecast, so not a great month to look forward to weatherwise?? but we shall be all olympics at the end of month the 27th it all kicks of, we are following the torch around the country (by TV of course) very exiting it came to NORTHAMPTON on Monday but I was a bit under the weather (no pun) so didnt, as I had planned get to see it pass, but still very exciting whow its all go here cricket again today (Weather permitting) last Wednesdays rained of without a ball being bowled so you must win today or lose the one day series whow. come on ENGLAND tatty bye 4 now PTP

PHil the Pom said...

Sunday morning, we won again although to be fair you suffered two injuries to you bowlers, BUT I think your batting let you down so we would have won sadly now for you the series is ours won three one no play and one to go today methinks so we are the greatest well nearly any way roll on next year fopr another ashes battle, PTP

JCM said...

Greetings from Canada Sheila! Your Snakes & Ladders ATC has now joined my collection.

The game is still available in stores only now they call it Chutes & Ladders, at least here they do.

I'm enjoying my trades, thanks, Jutta