Wednesday, June 06, 2012

MY CUP OF TEA

What do you drink ...... when I was 15 years old, I decided (goodness knows why) that I was not going to drink anything but coffee.    This is fine, in moderation as there are certain vitamins only found in coffee.   But as my family grew 3 kids in 36 months,  my time became increasingly demanding.  I found I would be making a cup of coffee at all hours, sometimes it would get cold.  ummm I do love Iced coffee but I will still drink cool coffee.  The Scot would often nag me, that I was drinking too much coffee,   But of course I never took any notice.   Then I became sick,  the Doctor did ask me how much coffee I drank.  Well I had never really thought about it, just popped the kettle on whenever there was a spare moment.  So I had to sit and actually work out how many cups  a day ......... The Doctor didn't blink an eyelid when I eventually said ... oh near enough only 13 or 14.  All he said was .... really how about trying something else.
Now I have 2 maybe 3 cups a day.     My other options are Green Tea, now this I love and sometimes black tea but I find this a bit strong.

But I digress ...... these are my 3 Artist Trading Cards for the "My Cup of Tea Swap"

Artist Trading Cards are
     miniature works of art.  Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth.
There are 2 rules, the cards must be 2.1/2ins x 3.1/2ins and they must be traded never sold.


I photographed the tea packet then printed it onto fabric.   The words were printed and then glitter glue added.



This one is backstitch with a velvet flower attached.



This one will have a metal charm of a tea pot in the lower right hand corner.
Verse printed from the computer.



This is the back.


printed as this looks so much better than my writing.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, just LOVE that teapot card birdy! Very good. Clever ideas.

I drink tea - weak, not too much milk. No sugar. BUT - A china mug prefered. Varies, the number, but about 2. Coffee 3. Wine 1 glass. Water couple of pints. Tap water prefered.

PHIL THE POM said...

HI SIS why not try lemon tea, i have been using this as an alternative to ordinary tea cant take coffee tried but no way! It is manafactured by a company named "LIFT" very refreshing and you can vary the taste by decreasing or increasing also adding other of their products "Apple" eileens tipple or even "peach" I enjoy mixed with lemon and a dash of apple realy great dont know if they are available in oz but worth a try God bless

Molly said...

Very nice work Birdy! Must be great---finishing something the same day you started it!
I have another book for you. "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. Last few pages tonight. Am loving it! How was "The Postmistress?"