Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THE REASON WHY

yes this is one of the reasons why I like participating in One Flower a Week, kindly run by Karen.

The flower for this week
I was hoping to have more but ......
Well my get and go just seems to have got up and gone, goodness knows where.  So I am just 'going with the flow' reading a lot and waiting for it to return.  But I did lay out my flowers made.  I am glad I did, I was hoping to join them altogether without stepping stones, but when laid out, sounds like a death toll doesn't it.   They just don't look right.  I need to put stepping stones or alternate plain hexies in place.
This is what I don't like


I am thinking of embroidering a crest (yet to be designed) on the black centres.   But I think I need a golden beige colour to use as the stones.   This is going to take a lot of thought.

Meanwhile back to the Kindle.   

Oh and I have been watching the Cricket.


8 comments:

Karen said...

Such lovely flowers! The idea of stepping stones is a good one. The first thing that came to my mind was black, that would really make them pop, but I do like your idea of golden beige, that would be beautiful.

Barn Owl said...

Cricket who are you watching? cant wait for our new season to begin as all being well I intend to catch a few games this year, nice sunny day bottle of pop,sandwiches and a seat in the sun whow now thats the life well done with your sewing,, Eileen is going mad on knitting she does childrens clothes for one of our favourite charities. tatty bye love Wingsnfrom Phil the Pom

Jules said...

Can see what you mean. It is just the the dark centres seen en mass like that do not seem connected to a flower. The rest of the petals are so pretty, light yet vibrant. Golden highlights as you suggest sound nice. Enjoy your Summer, sun and cricket, it sounds wonderful to me. xxx

Shaz said...

Golden highlights would look lovely with the gold spots on your flowers! They do look so pretty!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Another very pretty flower. I think the addition of stepping stones would definitely show off your flowers to their best advantage.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty flower! I also think stepping stones would show off your flowers.

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

I can´t wait to see the embroidery :-)

Sarah said...

WOW that is looking beautiful! Can't wait until your mojo comes back so we can see more.