Thursday, December 08, 2011

ON A HOT DAY

Some folk take it easy.



But others have to work. :)

It was hot, this is the temperature now
But I was determined to get the seedlings planted.   So after breakfast I set myself up in the shade.  The Scots old ladder affair that doubles as a workbench, the wheel barrow, potting mix, seedlings, etc. etc.

Its all finished now, and I am exhausted.

I weeded and tidied the patio areas.  The little bird I told you about tried to attack me,



and I was only pruning a few stray branches from another shrub.   But for almost the whole day, the parents were chirruping and carrying on.   And to make matters worse behind the fishpond we have a wall with a shrub close to it where another bird, the swoopy sort that think they own the joint, have built their next.


So between them I think they were starting the War of the Birds.    But it is all quiet now.  Probably because I am out of sight and they think they have won..

So some photos to prove what has been going on



The Scot says I have put too many in, but I say he is 'mean' when he does them, and I want a thick show of flowers.

I found a new quick way to put the Christmas Covers on the cushions.  Use Velcro.  Unfortunately I need to buy more tomorrow so thats why we only have one Christmas cushion cover.
 

now I will make a Spinach and Cheese Quiche plus some oven cooked potato gems maybe a few veggies and then I am dun for the night.   Sewing and I don't care whats on the TV.

Addendum

Quick Dinner on a hot day .....



3 comments:

Molly said...

I want to come live on your patio and listen to the war of the birds and admire your lovely flowers and be fed that yummy looking quiche!

Sarah said...

your patio looks great and your quiche looks delicious!

Elaine Adair said...

Dear Mz. Suzyhomaker! Hey, stop it !!! you are making the rest of us look bad!!! 8-)))

Holy smokes that quiche looks yummy, your yard looks so pretty, even the Scot looks pretty satisfied!