Monday, October 31, 2011

LONG WEEKEND

The 1st Tuesday in November merits The Race that Stops the Nation or as we like to think The World.   Well that's all except probably quilters.
Tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup.   A Race Meeting that is the highlight of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival.   In Victoria it is a holiday but most cities seem to watch the Cup Race on the TV.

But when one is retired, all days are holidays ... bliss.  

My next quilt is going to be a  Rebuilt Log Cabin.  This is one I prepared earlier



At least one I made in 2008 gave it away as a present and it now resides in England.  I do hope it is well loved as I dearly loved that quilt and always wanted to make another for myself.

As so I shall

a dear friend Elaine  from Elaine Pieces in the Panhandle USA is such a whiz at quilting both piecing and the actual quilting, she is kindly doing a tutorial and sew along.   So I am going to make another one with her.

The weekend was spent sorting in the cupboards and boxes of my stash.   I have now discovered to my dismay that whilst I may seem to have a lot of stash, it is only small pieces.  But I think I have enough of each colour now.

This is what I propose some have been cut into the 1.1/2in strips whilst the others will be joining them tomorrow.



I can't wait until she writes up the first set of Instructions .. so watch this space.

and thank you Elaine for your kind generosity in helping those of us not quite so creative.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I saw this on Elaines blog earlier..I may just save the posts for a later day-I will enjoy viewing your progress,cheers Vickie

AnitaS said...

The colors are lovely and so is the quilt. I hope you will post your progress.

Elaine Adair said...

Was it in 2008? My gosh time flies - we really have to sew faster to use up all our stashes!!! LOL

Your fabric colors and values are lovely, Sheila - and they DO look a lot like the quilt that you gave away.

I hope to get started on a Tutorial by this weekend - I'm probably making it more difficult than it really is! Thanks for your vote of confidence! 8-))

Jules said...

Oh, beautiful material and colours - and of course work too. Very nice.
My cuddle quilt is in much use and I really, really enjoy it! It has not lost its appeal and the embroideries have a magic all their own. I feel really special and relive my childhood looking at those pictures. How lovely to give pleasure like that birdy. x