Thursday, June 16, 2011

STITCHING

Only one flower to show this week.


But quite a few are cut and ready to tack then stitch together.

The reason for lack of Hexie Flowers is this



I can't show you anymore as we are not supposed to show until the row has been received.  My row for Michele was Animals..... leaving a lot to the imagination of  course.   All along I had planned to do Dolphins, but when I studied the rows Michelle had received  the above critters just kept shouting .... stitch me stitch me oh please stitch me.   So they have been stitched and I am pleased to say the row is finished.   You can see the rows of ones received so far at    http://robinrowers.blogspot.com/

I am now stitching the label,

 so the row should be in the mail by the weekend.  Nice and early for once.

The weather is very cold, it is down to 3 degrees tonight, brrr the electric blanket has been on for quite a while.   But the upside to cold weather is stitching as shown above and of course reading.   I have just finished The King's Speech.   This was an excellent book and being born a 'pom' at the end of the 2nd World War,   very interesting historically.

Something light is on the Kindle now.  Alexander McCall Smith and another delightful tale from his No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series.  'Morality for Beautiful Girls'

5 comments:

Mishka said...

My dear friend, you are a HUGE tease!!!! LOL

I'm sure I'll love my row, with or without dolphins.

Michele

Karen said...

Sweet flower and I'm going to move in a little closer and see if I can make out the other photo. ;)

Jules said...

Pleased you finished birdy - it was looking really good a while back - nod, nod, wink, wink!
Weather sounds a bit chilly. Happy sewing and reading pal'o mine! xxxxx

Kate said...

Hi Sheila...have to agree it has been very cold...memories of UK years back?..Just seen Kings Speech on DVD...I am e reading a Marie Bostwick book at the moment..Keep Warm...Kate xx

501 Quilt Blocks said...

What a cheery little flower!