Friday, April 15, 2011

LOOK OUT NIGELLA

well not really but many moons ago, especially when I was leaving school, Cooking was one of the options I would have liked to pursue.  But nowadays we don't eat cakes and deserts preferring fresh fruit and not being very fond of spicy food my cooking skills have errrr to say the least 'got left behind'.

But The Scot has been growing Guava for quite a few years now.   

He eats them by cutting open and spooning out the flesh.  On checking details I find they are a very good source of Vitamin C.  This year there seems to be zillions of them so I thought I would see what I could do with them.













Jam had been mentioned.  So this afternoon, prepared with large saucepan, wooden spoon, sieve, caster sugar, citric acid and of course Guava



And listening to "In the Company of Cheerful Ladies"   I managed to produce


which The Scot pronounced ' delicious' which was praise indeed.

So not a lot of sewing but a progress report on the Colouring Stitching





1 comment:

Jules said...

We had some of this fruit for breakfast one year on holiday - lovely. We brought a stone home and tried to grow it - with some success but the plant then failed. Your jam looks yummy birdie and you have a win,win situation if The Scot likes it too.