Wednesday, April 06, 2011

WEDNESDAY AGAIN

Garden Party Day again.  My the weeks do fly past.   My Mother used to say .... don't wish your life away, it goes too quickly when you get older.     This was usually said to me when I was counting the days to a birthday or Christmas.

This week 2 Asian Cousins


but

I have been busy preparing



The Scot has been busy too

He is very into this Environmental Business.  But this year we did have some lovely juicy tomatoes.   So he has collected and dried some seeds





When we went shopping he was going to buy some envelopes to keep them in.

But I made him some





These were the same as I make to put Australian Tea Bags in, when enclosing a tiny gesture with my swaps.


The weather has been beautiful these past few days and I have been sitting outside on the swing seat, sewing and reading.

I have finished The Silent Governess~Julie Klassen.   A really excellent read.  And I will be looking for more books by Julie Klassen, I really like her style of writing.

So now onto a new book.  I thought I would read  A Thousand Splendid Suns~Khaled Hosseini.  I read The Kite Runner by the same author and was totally enraptured.   A Thousand Splendid Suns is proving to be the same.

oh btw did I tell you how I love my Kindle.

This is the Postcard received from Thea in 4x6ers PostCard Swap.   The theme this month monochromatic.
Its amazing isn't it - how we all interpret the theme.



and finally a rethink on the Quilt for P.   Whilst the golden clamshells is perfect, I began to think it was getting a bit suffocating.   So I think I may try brown, very dark hopefully a tone on tone.   But this is a mockup in black.



8 comments:

Jules said...

Lovely post again. PC very interesting and unusual. The P quilt looks very different and neither of us could decide which was the best - because they are so different! The hexies in a stack look stiff - do they have another hexie on the back? Forgive my ignorance, as you are well aware, I have never quilted. xx

Jules said...

Forgot to say.... the little envelopes are brilliant! Hold that thought for Christmas! Great!

Melody said...

Fabulous quilts and truly beautiful hexie flowers

Annemieke Price-Talen said...

Very nice flowers and you sure prepared a lot of hexies. (Don`t know if I say it good).

Gr Annemieke from Holland.

Karen said...

Look at all the hexies ready to go! Pretty flowers, love the green fabric. Sweet seed packets.

Birdie said...

Lovely hexies once again. Your are sure a voracious reader, how do you find time for your sewing projects?

quiltmom said...

Hi Sheila,
I did like both the Kite Runner and the Thousand Suns book- very interesting and powerful reads. I have not read Julie Klassen- I will have to check her out.
Right now I am reading a book by Jodi Picoult- Good author but she tackles difficult topics so I find I need to be in the right head space to read her stories.
I love your hexies too. Hope you are having a great week.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Kate said...

Hi Sheila...some more beautiful Hexi flowers,,,they look great,,
Glad you are enjoying your Kindle..I have an E reader too...Oh my,, what to do,,,sewing or reading???? , usually settle for an audio book and do both lol...xx