Wednesday, April 13, 2011

7 DAYS

Goodness me has it really been 7 days since I last posted.   Time does fly.

but I have not been idle, well apart from reading,  did I mention that I love my Kindle.  I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns~Khaled Hosseini, such a compelling book.   It took me at least three days to get over it.  I kept thinking and going over sections in my mind.  I just didn't realise how lucky I was to be Australian (even tho everyone grumbles about the politics and other things.  And yes I do realise K H's books are Fiction but there is a lot of thought provoking fact there.

Now just for a little light read I am now living with Precious Ramotswe that lovable traditionally built Lady and her No1 Ladies' Detective Agency wickedly written by Alexander McCall Smith.   Now I did read (as in actually using my eyes instead of my ears) one of these many moons ago and just didn't like it.   But as is my way I reread it and now of course I am collecting all of them.   A great light hearted read in this troubled world ... In the Company of Cheerful Ladies:The No.1Detective Agency~Alexander McCall Smith


And whilst reading, sometimes sitting outside, although these last couple of days has seen Winter popping its head around the corner,  I have stitched     6  flowers
 


I have roughly worked out that I need 99 and so far I have 34. 

Leaving only 65 to go


Progress has been made on the quilt for P, I really must make more headway on this.  It needs to be finished by the end of the month.   I have tried many different settings but have gone back to my original idea ... so far we have



And by way of a little bit of a change to give my mind a break I am tyring something new,   But I think I need more colours, and much more practice.



This is only the colouring done I have to do the stitching.

10 comments:

Gerda Hartman said...

You already have a lot of flowers. Love the colours.

retdairyqueen said...

Will write soon

Jules said...

Lovely collection of flowers... Good reading, which is enjoyable and thought provoking - what more can a girl ask for?!
A deadline quilt to finish and plans ahead - just can't be bad :-)

Karen said...

Delightful flowers and the quilt for P is coming along nicely. I'm also liking the colouring stitchery.

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful flowers. So different with the dark center.

Melody said...

Beautiful work and your hexie flowers are wonderful. Having a good book to read is such a joy.

Dolly Cloth said...

lovely flowers, happy reading
I love reading but not much time

Wendy said...

Wow your flowers are beautiful. And I'm thinking I might have to invest in some audiobooks myself. I sew while watching t.v. but listening to a book might be a nice change.

Kate said...

Hi Sheila...your flowers are looking very pretty...I am impressed with your colouring,,I have a teddy one to start but have been a but unsure,,,one day eh?..As for the reading,,,what can i say?,,,i am well and trully hooked on the E reader,,,xx

Roxanne said...

Such pretty flowers. They look very nice.