Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Robin Rowers

For my readers that don't quilt.   A row x row is a swap amongst friends.   We are a group of International Quilters (and Quilters usually means embroiders crafters you name it we do it).  Eight is the chosen number and we each make a row for another member.  Anita is the swap mom and keeps the rooles etc.  So to make it simple .... we make a row for a designated partner every two months ... and we receive a row from one of the Ladies.

This is my quilt so far.     The wonderful top row is from Cynthia in Canton USA.   middle row is mine which kinda indicated the colours.   The bottom row is the lovely row from Isabell in England.



Its coming together very well.

My rows so far have been sent to The Yukon and The States.

And yes I am being very strong with myself this year.  I have not enrolled in any new swaps.

I just participate in Robin Rowers and 4 x 6ers  The Postcard Swap.

7 comments:

Molly said...

That's going to be a gorgeous quilt! I had never heard of that kind of round robin...I love it! The houses are beautiful [I love house blocks anyway], the applique row is lovely and the diamonds look like a road or flagstones.....keep us posted as it grows!

Lindi said...

It is looking lovely!

Iceni UK said...

Sheila, the rows are gorgeous, I love the comment from Molly about your own row looking ike flagstones. you have the making of a street here, the garden the road then the houses.... just wonderful.

Fiesta said...

This is beautiful Sheila.

Jules said...

Well, what is there left to say? A beautiful creation from a great idea - how lovely! It is very cleverly done and gives pleasure in making, swapping and bringing together. :-D

Karen said...

I love it! Bright and happy!

Elaine Adair said...

Tooooo cute! I love RxRs. 8-))