Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A NEW QUILT

oh I know I have too many UFO's but I need to make a new quilt.

 A jelly roll of New Zealand fabrics given to me by No1 son.
It is to be a birthday present for him.    The NZ fabrics for his time living in Christchurch and the gold fabric has the clamshell symbol which is used often in Oriental Quilting, for his time living in Taiwan and of course made by his Australian Mum.

These are the fabrics


and this is a preview of what it will be like.  



At the moment only three fabrics have been used but when all of them are incorporated I think it will look great.

8 comments:

Di said...

So do I,Sheila. Beautifulchoice of fabrics!

Vickie said...

Oh wow shiela I think that is going to look stunning,cheers Vickie

Fiesta said...

It will look fabulous!

retdairyqueen said...

I agree It will look great

AnitaS said...

It will be a lovely quilt for your son filled with memories.

Jules said...

What a lovely idea - TP will love it.

Molly said...

Such rich colours! Please don't let my sons see this.....I have enough to do without three men clamoring for their own, personalized quilt! Eventually, yes. Right now, impossible. Keep us posted as it takes shape!

Karen said...

Beautiful!!!!!!