Thursday, March 03, 2011

GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME

it's Wednesday again and the third calender day of Autumn, and its cold and wet.
But not to worry its Garden Party Day
I managed to buy some Oriental Charm Squares on Ebay.  I needed a few light coloured prints.   They arrived today and are very welcome.

This week just two flowers


The garden is slowly growing, but its very relaxing to sit and stitch them in the evenings

And as it was a cold day, after my walk, I hibernated into my  Sewing Room and made myself this House Block.  The blue is one of the fabrics I dyed myself (must do some more).  I thought the blue/purple/pink tinge made excellent sky.



8 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely photo of your flowers and other treasures. Cute house block and you did a job dyeing the blue fabric, very pretty.

Jules said...

Came here and found the answer to a ? - Pleased you are still walking, fantastic! The sewing is lovely - sweet little hexi flowers and I just love the self dyed fabric on the house block. Agree, very pretty.

Gerda Hartman said...

Beautiful colors.

Birdie said...

Lovely flowers, I also have a stack of oriental charms I will have thave a look at now that I see your hexies. Love the house, looks like our sunset sky.

Annemieke Price-Talen said...

Nice flowers and so colourful.

Narelle said...

Don't they look lovely in those fabrics.
Enjoy the colder weather ... we're still having heat waves here.

Cynthia L. said...

The oriental fabrics are really pretty! Your house block is really nice. Enjoyed looking at your blog!

Wendy said...

What beautiful oriental flowers. And your house block is very pretty. Your fabric does make excellent sky! Nice job!