Monday, February 14, 2011

STILL HERE

my good cyberfriend Molly from http://mollybawnchronicles.blogspot.com/ commented that I was falling behind in my blogging.   Well its mostly her fault anyway.   I have been reading, or rather using my Kindle oh I do love my Kindle lol.
What have I been reading  

Precious Bane by Mary Gladys Meredith Webb

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Gone to Earth by Mary Gladys Meredith Webb

and then The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  

The first third and last being recommended by Molly.

I rate them all excellent reads, but the ones recommended just left me cold..... they were so soul searching.  On the Bookshelf but definitely will be read again and possibly again.

Then there was the garden.   With all the rain we have had the weeds have been thriving, so just a few photos to show you ....... I mean whats a blog without pictures.



Meanwhile The Scot tells me he was busy



but this is how I found him this afternoon





He won't admit it but I think he is a little jealous of my Kindle.

At last I have come up with a way to show the Postcards.  Possibly still a work in progress, and I think I need to stainpaint the white canvas.  But I will change each time we have a Postcard theme.




and


as The Scot seems to have gone off chocolate (how anyone could do that), he usually gets a chocolate heart.

Whilst shopping this am I found this




Perfect, as he loves scrambled eggs and I hate them.  So Happy Valentine's Day Scot.

8 comments:

AnitaS said...

A very happy Valentines day to you and your husband.

Jules said...

Hi birdie. I have missed your cheer mails. Now I know who to blame! Enjoy your reading and sewing. I have been listning to Alan Bennett reading his autobigraphy - lovely easy listening. cd though.

Had a nice Val day this am and recycled last years in return! Lol. Gave us a laugh. Like your pan for the Scot - great idea. xxx

Jules said...

Should have put CARD after Val day. lol

Fiesta said...

Happy Valentines Day Sheila. I love the landscape. The Scott has done it again.

Ali Honey said...

I want to know what the Scot is making there???
I love egges any way but raw, so hope he enjoys his. I have read 3 of those books and am always interested in recommendations.
Your flowers are coming along nicely.

Sarah said...

Are you still letting him play with fire? What is that contraption anyway?

Molly said...

Molly takes a bow. You're welcome! [for prodding the Bird back to blogging!] Glad you're liking the books Birdy. Be sure to fit in Edgar Sawtelle---between blog posts of course!

Birdie said...

You will have to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" also by Khaled Hosseini. I have an IPod I read on, and it sure is easier than keeping track of a book.