Wednesday, February 02, 2011

HEXAGONS AGAIN

Who is knocking at my front door ....



or rather who is waiting to get stitched again.

At last back, not exactly on track, but back to One Flower A Week.

The Box



The Scot kindly drew up in AutoCad and then printed out, the joining triangle templates.

Cricket on the TV today, so whilst it will still be exciting, its not Nerve Wrenching, as we have won the series.     And it gives me an excuse to just sit and sew or at least firstly get the templates cut out.

But I did get my Postcards finished and in the mail this afternoon.


Sorry I can't show them but I will as soon as they have been received.

Last year I mastered the art of making them, and that included stitching round the edges.  This year I am going to try to be more creative.  My lesson for this theme was ...... do not use any handstitching.  and yes they were all done by hand.

And its still too hot here.


13 comments:

Melody said...

These are the first hexie flowers I've seen with black centres. They look awesome.

SoulDragon said...

Yes-they are gorgeous! Reminding me (when it's not so hot that I can't keep hold of the needle!) to get back to my famous "work in progress" hand stitched patchwork quilt, made from hexagons!

Fiesta said...

Sheila, your hexies are beautiful.

Joke said...

Love your flowers! And with their bright colours they go along very well with the black background.

happy hexing! Joke.

AnitaS said...

Lovely hezxieflowers. I love to do hexies.

Birdie said...

Nice flowers, the black sets them off very well.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wow they are looking great. Love the black centers.

Carolyn :)

Jules said...

Bet you wern't planning on having black - lol but they look great displayed like that :-D xxx

Hilachas said...

Beautiful hexies. They look nice with the unusual black centers.

Karen said...

I was just thinking about your flowers today as I worked on mine and how nice it is to see them again! Beautiful!

Ali Honey said...

Considering what other folk in Oz are putting up with - hot should be just fine.......
What a time folk over there are having. Stay safe, Ali.
PS. Well done that man!

Julie Fukuda said...

I enjoyed the visit. Good luck on your entry in the weekly show. I loved those warm colors.

Sarah said...

Your hexagons are so pretty! I love all those ASian fabrics.