Thursday, December 16, 2010

THEY JUST FLOWER WHEN THEY LIKE

These are my Lillies, which were purchased as Christmas Lillies, flowered the first year on Christmas Day and thereafter mid November.   This year they have just started and actually flowered today ... well yesterday, which was my birthday so I will call them NovembercumChristmascumBirthday Lillies.  Now that's as good as any Latin name, don't you think.  I have put some Lemon Verbena in the centre of them.  The dining room smells delicious and lemony.



oh and The Scot said to say He bought them for me............... hahahha    we all know they were picked by me from the garden this yesterday morning.

How old am I.   Well lets just say older and wiser than I was a year ago. :)

13 comments:

Jules said...

Not as old as you would be if the numbers were written in reverse! If you can work that out birdy - you are still very young! Like your heart! lol.

The lilies are beautiful, we have a name for them but your own name is wonderful! roflo.

Glad it was a nice birthday. Loves ya kiddo, Jules.x

Ali Honey said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

I imagine your room smeels so yummy!

retdairyqueen said...

A Very Happy Birthday for yesterday
Hope there will be lots more happy ones to come

Fiesta said...

Happy Birthday Sheila. I always love to see all your Christmas decor. The quilt you have displayed is beautiful and I see my runner on the table. I so hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Sheila ,I love the quilt on the wall , beautiful .Hope you had yourself a special day and as for the age it is only a number ;-0

Iceni UK said...

Happy Birthday Sheila, the flowers and your quilt look beautiful.
Hugs and love.

Julie said...

Nothing like flowers with a mind of their own! Hope you had a hapy day!

Barn Owl said...

Glad you enjoyed your Birthday Little Sister.
Next week I will Be 9 years older than You Work that out.
all my Love Eily

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday!! I love your wall quilt and the christmas bulbs hanging from the ceiling are beutiful! How did you do that? The flowers are lovely , we call them easter lilis here.

Angie said...

Oh, belated Happy Birthday, Sheila!! What a lovely gift, to have the flowers bloom on your special day! Sending birthday wishes that the coming year will be 'sew' full of all the things you love the most. Hugs,
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

Myra said...

A belated happy birthday to you... Love your Christmasy looking room there! Gorgeous quilt!

pegsplace said...

Happy Belated birthday Sheila! I must mark your date down! We are both December babies and I have come to realize that I get along the bestest with other December babies ;)... I really love the Christmassy decor! I at least have my tree up and lights and my little trinkets. I can't wait to finish my Christmas quilt so that I can hang it up and follow in your footsteps.

Later
Peggy

Sarah said...

I hope your birthday was happy!