Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quilting Bloggers has a Weekly Themed Section on Christmas Quilts.   Do I have one to enter there ..... one may ask ???????

You can see them, and vote for your favourite at  Weekly Themed Christmas Quilts 
Being so addicted to Christmas it was difficult to choose my favourite to enter.   But I chose Christmas Bullseyes.

This quilt was made with blocks I swapped with girls in the Online Quilting Group Squilters, and I do believe some came from the sister group QuiltingdownUnder.




This was a raw edge technique which I wasn't sure I would like, but wanted to have a go.  And I am really please with the result.  During December this quilt is the first one you can see as you open the front door.  A very successful swap.

I also have to admit to buying another Santa.   This one is quite different but it is too dark to get a photo at the moment, but I promised I will post one later.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Beautiful quilt birdy - gorgeous colours and pattern.
Ahah - another Santa eh? You little madam! Good on yer! Lol.x

AnitaS said...

I love the quilt. it is very pretty. I missed your birthday. I hope you had a nice day. I missed because I am so busy celebrating my own birthday. I celebrated for more then a week. You only be 65 once.

Angie said...

All of your Christmas decorations in the previous post is beautiful!! :) I love this Bull's Eye quilt, Sheila! I love the fabrics in it. And who can resist 'one' more Santa!! LOL I adore them!!

Daphne said...

Hi Sheila, I began my blog with a bullseye quilt but yours is so different - I really like it and it's one I must store in the memory bank (ha ha) for future possible use. Looks a good way of emulating Drunkards Path. All the best for Christmas, Daphne

Myra said...

Oooo... love the effect of the blocks here! Nice job! 8-)

Iceni UK said...

Hi Sheila
Thank you for sharing your Christmas decorations with us, your home looks so festive and lovely.

Wishing you and your husband a wonderful Christmas and a Very happy New Year.
Love and hugs.
Isabellx