Wednesday, December 29, 2010

NO MANS LAND

The time between Christmas Day and the New Year always seems a bit like 'No Mans Land'

The shops seem only open for the post Christmas Sales, which I avoid completely as I hate crowds.

I am never sure whether to leave the decorations up, or put them away for another year.   But the Santas always seem to smile a little more sweetly at this time, as if imploring me to let them stay a little longer.

Plenty of hand sewing, as I am desperately trying to finish the T towel swap, only 1 and a quarter of one to go.  The Cricket is on the TV and whilst having some exciting moments, if you are Australian we don't have much to write home about :(

As the end of the year approaches, I like to reflect on what has happened during the year.    Did I keep the resolutions I made from last year.   Yes I do like to make a resolution it helps put me on track.

Last year was a bit 50 50   some were broken, and some were kept.

So No Mans Land ..... a time for reflection and planning.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree- no man's land is weird. It's nice to rest and plan, but many people or stores you need are closed.

Overall I love it because I am usually worn out from the holdays.

Jules said...

Decs stay up until 12th night - about 5-6th Jan. Agree that it can feel over and time to pack away - but............ just a few more days mum.........
Your walking resolution - whenever it was made - you have been SO good over! Collect several stars! :-D brilliant. xxx

Sooziii said...

I am sure your Santa's are enjoying all the festivities so let them play a little longer.

I am afraid I haven't made any resolutions because I never keep them but I am very pleased to hear that you have had some success with yours.

You and The Scot enjoy 'No Man's Land" and then ring in the new year ...
And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
and gie's a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,
for auld lang syne.