Friday, December 31, 2010

I GET THERE FIRST lol


"Here's to the bright New Year,
and a fond farewell to the old;
here's to the things that are yet to come,
and to the memories that we hold."
-- Anonymous


The Very Best of Everything to All of You for 2011.

It was hot today.  Summer has arrived.  This is where I spend a lot of time, stitching, listening to my books and errr maybe sometimes studying the maps on my eyelids.  A trick learnt from The Scot.





and this is the Jacaranda Tree that belongs to the neighbour over the back fence.   But they don't get to see it.    We just sit on our patio and enjoy.   What thoughtful neighbours. ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

7 comments:

Vickie said...

wishing you and the Scot and nice new years eve...oh yes them Jacaranda trees are lovely but golly they make a mess...you looks o comfy sitting there...cheers Vickie

Jules said...

Thank you - very best wishes for 2011 to you,The Scot and all those you hold dear too.
What beautiful pictures - just love the all the colourful flowers.
The temp is certainly high summer!!! But what a great place to sit and spend those days of glorious sunshine.

ENJOY....... :-D

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy New Year to you both..I hope 2011 is a very good year...love your spot on the swing seat..

AnitaS said...

I wish you both a very happy 2011. I am glad I met you on internet.

Cybele's patch said...

Happy and a wonderful New Year to you Sheila. I remember the beautiful Jacarandas in Australia. Enjoy them. I always associate them with ciccada's. Am I right there?

quiltmom said...

Its a beautiful tree shading a lovely lady. A very Happy New Year to you and the Scot.
It looks so odd to me to see someone sitting in the hot sun when all you can see outside my window is snow and frost. It snowed today and was around zero C so not that cold- It makes the roads pretty slick though.
Regards,
Anna

Kate said...

Hi Sheila..A very Happy New Year
to you and your dear family....Hope this year is a good one for you all...It sure was a hot one the other day wasn't it?..Take care
Kate xx