Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MONDAY UPDATE

I haven't posted much of late as I have been having the usual last minute panic attack for a swap:)

A couple of days late, but it will be in the mail tomorrow.


This is my Candle Mat which will be winging its way to The Netherlands tomorrow.

I changed the basic design to reflect how I thought I would like it to look and I am very pleased with the finished item.  My mitre corners are getting better, but I still seem to have one out of the four that will not sit right.  But practice makes perfect, even if I do have a long way to go.

Now on to finishing the Crazy Patch Postcards.  Hopefully sitting outside on the swing seat with my current reading of Good Wives by Louisa Alcott.

Wish you could join me.


8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your candle mat is just gorgeous....

Jo in TAS said...

I love your candle mat!

Jules said...

Ooooo - so do I wish I could join you........

The reading matter is lovely, been a long time since read but not forgotten.

The candle mat is gorgeous - really nice and beautiful work again.

ozjane said...

lOVE THE CANDLE MAT oh bother capitals....well I did love it.
I am taking a rest from packing up shelves into boxes to put out decorations....it is either start or it will not get done.

Angie said...

It's beautiful, Sheila!!

pegsplace said...

Yes just gorgeous! Another swap! :). We can't resist can we? I came visiting thinking I'd find your Christmas spirit! I wish I could sew and listen alongside you!

Later
Peggy

retdairyqueen said...

Love the candle mat

Myra said...

That is a lovely candle mat!!! Great fabrics, and nice job or the embroidery! 8-)