Wednesday, July 07, 2010

GARDEN PARTY AND SOME MUSIC

The Garden Party sure makes the weeks fly past.

These are the Big Sisters up to and including this week.



And the Little Sisters catching up.  I am getting more used to the yellow centre.  Still not sure.  But as the perfectionist  The Scot pointed out to me, if I put buttons on I have to make sure they are centre.  umm does he expect me to measure.



And now for some music

turn your speakers on


I came across this via a newsletter from Quilting Bloggers.

Its a phrase I have heard many times in my Quilting Life.  although with Mr Perfect Matching Corners  The Scot giving the once over to my finished quilts, I do try to be as accurate as possible.



I haven't got a longarm quilting machine or sewing studio like hers.  But I have had the pleasure of hearing Cathy Miller sing in person.   She is Canadian and a quilter herself.

20 comments:

Melinda said...

I saw and heard this a few days ago and relate to it very much. I quilted a quilt like she is singing about last week.

Cathi said...

Your flowers are looking fabulous -- the look you're getting is super!
I saw the video the other day and couldn't stop laughing.

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

What a beautiful flowers and I enjoyed the video.

Greetings
Ines

Raewyn said...

Wow your gardens are really growing! So colourful. Fun video :-)

Jules said...

Ahhhhh - LOVELY! Very jolly song, I love that.... clever what!

Great sewing from all quilters - not least - YOU! ;-)

pauline said...

What a great colours you use, I like them very much.
Pauline

Kate said...

Your Garden is looking very pretty and the video was fabulous,,,,loved it.

Fiesta said...

Lovely flowers and great fabric selections.

Saskia said...

Great garden, and no need to be perfect. In the real world (garden) the centers of the flowers can be a little off too.. I saw this video a few day's ago, so funny!

Mascha said...

Very nice flowers!!

Sheila said...

Your garden is bright and cheerful and I still like the yellow centers even without a button .

katrien said...

the garden is growing up with lovely flowers.

Marieke said...

Beautiful fabrics you've chosen for your flowers!

Crafty Robyn said...

your garden is growing quite nicely

Dolly Cloth said...

Great garden

quiltmom said...

You can quilt that out is too funny in places- I can relate to those little coulee caps you sometimes get when you make stars and wedge pieces and they are not quite right.
Love your garden hexagons- very fun...
Have a great day.
Regards,
Anna

JustCindy said...

Your flowers are lovely!

Karen said...

Perfect flowers and a great video!

Barn Owl said...

Every thing is coming up rosey
Looks Great as always.
Colours are good Like the sun in early morning
bright & beautiful

Elaine Adair said...

What a cute video! Not only was the song darling, but all the quilt photos was an extra delightful bonus! 8-))