Thursday, July 29, 2010

GARDEN PARTY

I do have a note ..... a day late for the Garden Party.

Here are the Big Sisters ...


ummm the Little Sisters are playing truant.

The reason being I am urgently trying to finish a quilt for someone.  This is it so far .......



Has anyone else noticed .... there is many a slip twixt layout and sewing machine.

This is how I laid it out on the bed to check for colour placement. 
A tad different from the original placement.  But still no two squares of the same fabric together and it looks good.

I have a lovely golden coloured fabric with tone on tone clam shell shapes for the backing.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful flowers! A day late is not a problem. :) Hope you finish your project in time, it's looking good!

Fiesta said...

Sheila your garden looks great and I like the layout for the new quilt. Everyone seems to be making this design lately and with those great colors it looks fabulous.

Jules said...

Looking good birdy.... Hope you complete for your own deadline - yeah, I know you have not really set a strict timetable but it is nice to have a goal............

Marion B. said...

Nice flowers, and that quilt looks great.

Raewyn said...

Lovely flowers; I'm sure the little sisters will turn up soon!