Thursday, June 24, 2010

MORE FLOWERS

Goodness me its Wednesday and Garden Party Day again.
But still a long way to go before a quilt.

These are Big Sisters


only flowers, not joined into a garden yet.

And these are Little Sisters



And don't you just love it when things go right.   This is a finished Postcard, sorry I cant show details until it has been received.

I tried a new method for doing the edge stitching.   Something I haven't been able to master to my satisfaction yet.   But this is the best so far and ........................    there was just 12 inches left on the thread wheel as I finished.  I held my breath and put my tongue in the right direct as well as crossed every thing hoping it would last out.  And it did.

11 comments:

Cybele's patch said...

Beautiful flowers Sheila. Hope the postcard will be reveiled soon. You make me curious.
While you were enduring the shortest day we were enjoying the longest day. Great weather, nice temperature, light breeze, nor rain, just perfect!

Sheila said...

Sheila , your garden is blooming nicely .

Jules said...

Yeah - felt the same about footie - will they - won't they? Yeah! Did it!
So there we are, England's thread held....................

And so did yours...............

Great postcard hiding under there I bet - brill edge and lovely big and little sisters.......

Sue said...

Oh your flowers are just so sweet the way you are doing each petal differently. Love them!!

Saskia said...

Lovely flowers. Like the bright colors!

retdairyqueen said...

Oh Sheila
I just had a look at the applique needle case swap
Congratulations Well deserved and a beautiful quilt
I knew you before you were famous
Hugs

Fiesta said...

Sheila, your garden is truly growing and I can only imagine that the Scot is upset since right about now his flowers may not be blooming???
Your postcard satin stitch is looking great to me. I am looking forward to seeing your garden design.

Cathi said...

Your garden is growing beautifully!!

Theresa said...

Your garden is looking wonderful Sheila, some lovely fabrics on your blooms :D

Karen said...

Wonderful big and little sisters!!

Valentina said...

GORGEOUS FLOWERS! You are doing soooo amazingly!
:) I love how the big sissies and little sissies are still so distinctly different!