Thursday, June 10, 2010

I NEEDED AN UMBRELLA

For the Garden Party today, I would most definitely have needed my umbrella, and probably my gum boots as well.

These are my 2 big sisters flowers for this week.  (name kindly given by Valentina)

and the 2 little sisters.  Still not sure about the background but will lay them on white until I come to the joining up part.
Progress is being made on the Clamshell project.  Still more fabric to cut, and clamshell shapes to cut.  I am doing 3inch clams.

And this is a 'mockup' I did in Electric Quilt.

Important to note NOT the actual colours (except the centre panel), and not the actual design it will probably change a zillion times before completion.

Maybe forget the centre panel ...........????? see changing my mind already.


9 comments:

Fiesta said...

Fabulous flowers!

Barn Owl said...

You leave me speechless.
Brill work and you come up with perfect ideas.

Jules said...

Really lovely work. The rain is making you even more productive! LOL

Jeanette said...

Love the hexies. All i've done on the clamshells is buy the templates, cut out 10 & buy the fabrics. :(. Jeanette

Valentina said...

Oh the girls are looking fabulous!
How exciting! The Little sisters look sweet and soft on white, but the Big sisters look brilliant on something bold... Excellent!
:)
And I am so happy you shared your Clamshell idea! I love the whole thing! It is going to be beautiful... I have had something 'cooking' in the back of my mind as well... Oh this will be such fun!
:)

Cathi said...

Your flowers are so cheerful -- I love the idea of each "petal" being a different fabric!
I'm playing with clamshells too -- they are very addictive!

pegsplace said...

Excellent progress Sheila! And you are looking so organized with the shells :). Neato for your playing with Electric quilt. Is this for the clam shells? You are such a designer!

Later
Peggy

Karen said...

Pretty flowers Sheila and I'm liking your clamshell idea!

Cybele's patch said...

The sisters look lovely!
I really like reading about all the different posts about the clamshells. I hardly can wait until the end of June to see the ideas and progress on the projects.
Jossie