Wednesday, June 30, 2010

GUMBOOTS AND BROLLIES

will be needed for the Garden Party today.

Still keeping up with my weekly flowers, these are the Big Sisters.  Its amazing how quickly the bunch grows.  I am more and more going with the idea of joining them altogether without a fabric in between, sort of like a Monet Impression.   



And these are the Little Sisters.  I am not sure of the yellow centre and I have been thinking along the lines of embroidery or a button to make it less obvious.


And I must show you this.    This is the container for my LS templates and on the top I glued a pin cushion which is just the right size to hold 6 pins and a needle.   The thread, templates and squares of fabric for the given flower all fit inside.



And just a sneak look at my new Christmas Quilt.   When I have the first block ready for stitching,I will show more.

15 comments:

Jules said...

No wonder you have restricted your time on the compie! You have so much going on........ They are so pretty birdy. However you finally stitch them - joined together or pathway - they look beautiful.
The little container is sweet - just right for the job!
The Christmas fabric, delightful!

Barn Owl said...

Every thing is great as usual
you are a gem.

Julie said...

Lovin' those sisters....especially love the cute little kit with pin cushion, very clever! A little bit of yellow goes a long way, so the saying goes!

Cybele's patch said...

Beautiful flowers. These will make a great party today!
Jossie

Fiesta said...

Sheila , your flowers are adorable. I too love little containers and yours is too cute. I like the fabrics you have selected for your Christmas quilt.

Cathi said...

Your flowers are all so pretty!!

pegsplace said...

Hey you are back! I was about to send out the posses! (sp?) I love your Little sisters and big sisters! All done by hand now? Such ingenuity for your pin cushion holder, love it! I will be on the lookout for your new Christmas project! Lovely colours!

Later
Peggy

Birdie said...

Nice fabric

Sheila said...

How creative of you to think of the little container , it is just the right size for everything needed to make your garden grow and growing it indeed is ,very pretty flowers.

Sarah said...

How many more days?

Tineke said...

your flowers are great. Embroidered hearts will be lovely, but time consuming. Anxious to see what it will be.

Karen said...

My flower garden is also going to be a Monet inspired with no borders. A fun and busy garden. Lots of beautiful flowers, great container idea and love the fabric for your Christmas quilt.

Molly said...

I remember making those by English paper piecing....It was very relaxing! Maybe I need to make some more. Your blog is looking very spiffy these days Birdy! Your computer skills leave me in awe!

Crafty Robyn said...

Nice work & colours

Theresa said...

Your blooms look fabulous Sheila, love your Christmas fabrics :)