Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WEDNESDAY



is Garden Party Day .

Each week I WILL have one Grandmothers Flower (although sadly I am not a  Grandmother).  But I thought if possible I would make two.  So here is my offering for today.



 I am not going to buy any fabric for it.   The green in the centre is one I hand dyed, and the darker green could be changed.  Well I like to have that freedom.   I don't think it is going to make a very big dint in my stash tho.   And The Scot's only comment .... ummmm how many do you need for a quilt then.

oh and the snow dying sort of didn't turn out, I think I was too heavy handed, but I am trying again as I can see great possibilities.

10 comments:

Jules said...

Ah,,, cute. I like those. Very pretty birdy. What is this about not being a grandmother? Of course you are - a GRAND mother, one of the best. - yea, I know what you mean. xxxx And my vertification word is - proppar - sure, proper and grand mum. That's you.
This quilt is going to be lovely.

retdairyqueen said...

Very Nice

Fiesta said...

The flowers are great Sheila. I love the green centers.

JustCindy said...

I love the green centers and I really like the darker green background.

quilting Jeannet said...

Nice, I see it in the same way, I will make my flowers just from the fabrics I have in stock....

greetings, jeannet

Cathi said...

Super flowers -- I love the green centres.

Barn Owl said...

Love it very much
Excellent as usual.

Love Barn Owl

Linda said...

You know, I never liked those little hexagons from the first time I saw them. I smugly thought, "They look so old-fashioned." So what can I say now but, I think I'm becoming... err, LIKING old-fashioned. Your flowers are beautiful! Maybe my tune is changing because the fourth grandie is coming along! (Ah, and I'm so YOUNG at 57!)

Now, shall I start making my own hexie flowers?

Karen said...

Green centers are wonderful. Must make note of that for my next flower garden and also the multi coloured petals. I love them!

Sheila said...

Hi Sheila,
I see you are indeed a member of this ever growing flower garden , great flowers , love the scrappy look !
Sheila