Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SIT DOWN KETTLEs BOILING

lots of blog candy so have a cuppa.  Long post today as lots is happening.
Garden Party day and here are my next two flowers for my GFG Quilt.  Although I am confident it is not going to make any difference to the stash.




And Postie left two surprises.  Both from the 4x6ers.

This one is from Janet in Canada.  I just love the edging.  A new way to finish them.



And Roses from Thea in USA.  Thea is a new member to our group, and I think she has a lot to teach me.



and the card arrived in a clear plastic envelope.  This is the back




The sewing machine is singing sweetly, thank you 'The Scot' you do have your uses.

Tomorrow I have to get a blood pressure monitor fitted for a day.  I am sure it won't tell the Doctor anything, other than I am a very positive sort of person who finds it difficult to be cool about anything, probably was an overactive kid when I was young.

13 comments:

Jules said...

BEAUTIFUL works Birdy! All of it.

Well done to The Scot! Hip Hip Hurrah - for he's a jolly good fellow........ where's he gone? So retiring and hiding his light under a bushel! Blog world loves you Scotty! Yeah...

Good luck tomorrow with the monitor.. Give it a good workout!
And if all else fails...... who better than The Scot to fix it! ;-)

Fiesta said...

your flower garden is growing and your postcards are divine. I hope all is well with your bloodpressure.

JustCindy said...

Lovely flowers. I like your postcards, they look fun to make.

Joan said...

Flowers and postcards - all lovely. See you nexr Wednesday if possible

Elaine Adair said...

Have you seen the movie, "Jaws", where the Sheriff sees the size of theshark and tells the boat owner/fisherman, "You're gonna need a bigger boat!" .. well, dear Sheila, you are gonna need bigger hexagons, to actually USE UP stash! LOL

Joke said...

Yes Sheila, I agree with Elaine who says you're gonna need bigger hexagons to use up some of your stash! ;-)
But your hexies look very nice to me and will make a great quilt.

Joke.

Sue said...

Love all the fabrics you are using in your hexies. Oh so pretty and sweet!

Karen said...

Lovely post and are you going to be using that green fabric with your flowers? It's so pretty.

ozjane said...

Now play nice......tell him what a good clever lad he is.....
It might even be worth chocolate...LOL

Catsngrams said...

Wonderful beauties. Glad you are working on your stash. Mine is getting smaller little by little.

Barn Owl said...

Beautiful Cards.
Hope all was OK. yesterday
Love you

Lindi said...

It's good to finally get back to reading blogs! :) You have been very busy. I like what you have been doing.

Sandra Henderson said...

LOVE this card!~ so sweet! I got the postcard book when it first came out, but never really made many. Might need to revisit this idea! Thanks!

Oh, Green! lol
A lot of help I AM! :)