Friday, May 28, 2010

FF

FF for this week is my Mini Quilt in the Mini Quilt Swap.  Finished and mailed


The Rooles were quite simple.   Stitchery finished size 4" x 6".  Mini Quilt Size 10"x12"

and this is the back of the quilt.  I used some of my hand dyed fabrics.


and it is now winging its way to The States,.

A funny thing happened to me yesterday.   You remember my grumbling in my last post about turning the sleeves short on The Scot's shirts.   Well I took a couple of hours out to put the clean summer clothes away.  haha I opened the chest which sits at the bottom of the bed and usually has quilts in it,  as I thought it would be a good place to store the  sealed bag

and

what did I find

F O U R    more     Flannel shirts that   NEED THEIR SLEEVES MAKING SHORT.

oh life is so unfair to this little non dressmaker.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

I love your mini quilt and I am sure the recipient will be ecstatic to recieve it..thanks for the laugh re the shirts and no I am not laughing at you I am giggling at where they were,cheers Vickie

Fran C said...

The mini quilt is lovely the receiver will be very happy. Whatever happened to the stretchable armbands men used to wear to hold their sleeves up when they were too long????? I used to have some I used at work so the sleeves didn't get dirty on the desk.

Fiesta said...

Sheila the postcard is adorable.

Linda said...

Oh! I participated in the Embroidery Mini Quilt Swap too! Is that little darling coming to me? The one I made, which I haven't posted a photo of yet (thought it was to be secret until all are revealed ?) is winging its way to the Netherlands.

Jules said...

Now I have stopped laughing.... oh birdy, how funny............

The mini quilt is very pretty and nicely finished by using your home dyed material and that lovely label. Well done that quilter!

But those shirts.... didn't he remember either? Quick, give them to the postie by way of a thank you for all his deliveries - boss man will NEVER know and just think that the postie has good taste... apart from the still long sleeves that is! Oh wait until my little fish gets home from swimming! I'm not the only one who does things like that then? ;oD...... hahahaha...

What Comes Next? said...

wonderful little mini, your partner will love it! Too funny about the shirts. Maybe you should make The Scot a little quilt from all the flannel shirt sleeves you need to cut? That way the dressmaker is also a quilter!

Sarah said...

Awwww that mini quilt is adorable! And yes- make a quilt out of all that flannel!