Thursday, March 18, 2010

AND ANOTHER ONE

BITES THE DUST

I really am trying to finish my UFO's this year, then next year I can hit the online stores..... look out plastic.

This is the Heirloom Stitches Book I started in 1996.   I learnt my embroidery from a lady called Diane Paternoster, a wonderful stitcher, but I think she must have made a world trip on the earnings of my lessons.
I just couldn't get enough.

This is the front, embroidered and then one of the old type photo albums was covered.


This is the Index Page



I wont bore you with all of the pages but this is just two of them






The Rear of the book



It would have looked better if I had written in gold ink all the instructions, but I think age and the IT technology overtook me.
I don't really know what I will do with it coffee table in the sewing room book,  but it feels good to have it finished, as it did cost me a lot of money for the lessons, I did learn a lot and it gave me my love of embroidery.

9 comments:

phil the pom said...

hard at it as usual, you do have an appetite for your sewing etc but I must say you are very good at it sis,
hope your not gorging on to many allsorts,?? eileens sewing circle meet today so I am of to see the film I have been trying to get to for the last two weeks a3d new version with all the full effects of modern computerising of "Alice through the looking glass". shall be home in time to to serve the ladies their hard earned??!! CUPPA
loves ya PtP.

Jules said...

The lessons paid off Birdy. Really lovely book and certainly an heirloom. It is beautifully executed. Well done.

Fiesta said...

Sheila it is a great book.It is an heriloom and maybe you can pass it on to one of your grandchildren or children. It is a valuable learning tool.

Lindi said...

It's a beautiful heirloom, Sheila. Something a bit differnt to hand down the generations.

Vickie said...

what an magnificent item...very well done,cheers Vickie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic idea....I love it..

What Comes Next? said...

Look at you go! Bravo Sheila! A nother wonderful one down!

cinzia said...

Doesn't it look fantastic and something you can always leave around so snoopy guests can see it 'accidentally' and admire it. One more UFO down.. how many to go?

Dee Soden said...

It's just beautiful!
You should be very proud of yourself.
What a wonderful piece to represent you in the future.
I can just imagine someone looking thru that in 100 years time being totally gobsmacked!