This is one I decided to tackle next...... Noah's Ark wall hanging. There is a link on the right hand side of my blog. This was kindly made available free by Lynette Anderson. I started it when The Scot was sick, and we had to attend chemo, Doctors appointments etc. It was perfect I had the patterns saved each month, and then worked on them whenever we were waiting. The Scot didn't like talking, so I had to keep quiet, I tried reading, but I would get to the third page and wonder what the story was about and so have to start again. Embroidery proved perfect, I could sew and think at the same time
This was my orignal plan
When I set them out, it just didn't look good (to me anyway) so I decided to change my plan. So a lot of ribbiting and this is the new plan.
I have to redo the cows, the also the rainbow. but this I like much better. As you know my brain goes into panic mode as soon as numbers are thrown at it, so the Scot was kind enough to help me work the sizes out to make them fit. There are still two rows to be added to the bottom. They are completed but just need to be stitched together (in the correct order)
Note to self.... never assume you are going to finish it.... 2009 will have to stay.. but I will correct it on the label on the back lol.
And to ponder over whilst unpicking and stitching, I have this on the design board
all the applique is finished. I just have to decide on what to put around it, and what to do with it. This is really old, it must have been started around 1990. It is a Dianne Johnstone design.
And to thank The Scot for helping work the Ark Quilt out, here are the obligatory photos
look what I found
and these are the beans.
He had to put up another height of mesh for them to climb.
Please don't make any jokes about him being Jack.