Saturday, February 27, 2010

WATER SAVING and a SNEAK VIEW

This post is mainly for Betsy as she asked me how I managed to use the washing machine water on the garden.  As you all know water is a most valued commodity, so this is one of my ways in helping.

You need to purchase a large diameter hose pipe (mine is approximately 1 inch, and a Divertor (I think thats what it is called)
This is fixed outside the laundry in the downpipe from the sink.


When not in use I roll it round a bracket.   When washing I stretch the hose out to where I want to water



On the divertor there is a tap, when in the vertical position the water goes down the water drain.  I always make sure I leave it in this position when the washing machine is not in use.


when washing and the water is required on the garden turn it horizontal


 the sink fills up rather quickly as the hose is not as wide as the usual pipe.   You need to watch this carefully so that it doesn't overflow


this is the water coming out 


If it overflows you need one of these ........ but he is not for hire   


 I hope this is clear.  If you have any questions, leave a comment or send me an email.

Just a sneak view at a quilt I am making for myself.


still on the design wall, but hopefully I will start stitching tomorrow.

4 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Oh it is going to be beautiful Love the stitcherie

Jules said...

I can see why you are doing this for yourself - it is lovely and very reminiscent of the embroidery of our childhood. Tablecloths, cushions, tray cloths (remember those?) - all such lovely pictures. I like the combination of quilting with the picture - it is going to be lovely. So pleased you are doing something for yourself to enjoy and I look forward to seeing the finished item. Jx

Fiesta said...

Sheila thank you for the post. It is a wonderful idea. I will have hubby take a llok at this. I love the new quilt you are making for yourself.

ozjane said...

And if all that pluming is under the house.....you either have to have a bigger hose that goes out the back door and is the most awful pain in the neck that for a while I carried buckets and then learnt to live in the desert.