But I haven't been idle. Tuesday was Australia Day and a holiday, so I was allowed to just mess around on the computer.
But since then I have been putting all my efforts into finishing "Fishes" for No1 Son. This was started for him in 2006.
It took some time to sort things, and remember where I was - thats always the problem with UFO's but a few nights stitching and it was ready for quilting.
This is how I pin my quilts ready for quilting. The folding table is perfect height and I don't know where I would be without it. I should mention The Scot helps me lay them out ready
not without a few disagreements, as you know He Knows These Things.
Yesterday was the quilting day. Probably not a good day as the machine kept getting very hot So I quilted, then did a few jobs, went back to quilt, went for a walk etc. etc.
The quilt is quite heavy and I had to watch it didn't drag.
I am not the worlds best at machine quilting, but I do manage 'meandering' quite well and this time I tried one or two subtle differences.
During breakfast I was thinking of the March theme for the PostCard swap. I had one idea but then decided on another. I wanted to print a photo of Dame Nellie Melba and applique it into a frame. But unfortunately all the images I found were copyrite. I did write to http://www.nelliemelbamuseum.com.au/ They were very helpful, but I would have had to purchase a copy of a photo and then I am not sure I would have been able to alter it re size shape etc. So I left that one and went with my original idea.
Foolishly I told The Scot what I was planning this morning.... he quickly pointed me in this direction
I tried to take some photos of my work in progress but every time I pressed the shutter on the camera, which was in my left hand - my right hand seemed to freeze and I did have a little flame. So no photos of work in progress but these are all pieces ready to assemble.
This Scot is not terribly impressed with My Art Work, and thinks I should NOT be burning the edges of fabric, hence the first photo in this section. I tried with the hot glue gun, but unfortunately there was a residue of glue and it didn't work. Next I tried with matches, but it was difficult to control the flame. So in the end I did it with the Electric Hot Plate on the Oven. Which turned out perfectly but I did need to hold the fabric shape with the tongs. And once the fabric slipped out onto the hot plate. Nice little flame. But we won't tell The Scot. :)
But I am so inspired. I think I am having brain surges, this is one I have ready to assembly to send to someone
I have another one in the 'works' No1 Son is helping me with the Character to print out (he is studying Chinese in Taiwan.
During the course of our emails, I asked him to check if anything I was planning to do was culturally OK.
What I plan is but did you know that One other cultural taboo is having two chopsticks sticking into a bowl of rice. This is used at funerals. Many countries many customs.