Saturday, January 02, 2010

ANOTHER USE FOR QUILTS

As well as feeding our creative juices, looking good, keeping us warm, I have found out Quilts have another use.

The Scot is attempting to sort out all the slides and negatives he scanned last year.  He keeps stopping me to ask.... when was this taken, how old was so and so.

My memory is relatively good but I have found out that 75% of the time I can associate it with some quilt I was stitching....

so I either send him to look at the back of the quilt, if it is still in my possession, or I can associate it with a time frame.

DO YOU LABEL YOUR QUILTS





It doesn't matter how fancy or plain, its great to look and think ahahah  so thats what I was doing in 1990 etc.

6 comments:

ozjane said...

That year quilt 2000 is still one of my favourites amongst your quilts.'

Jules said...

You are right. My eldest daughter was admiring the "Cuddles for Chloe from down under" quilt, (Which she examined in great detail and loved - "not one patch alike") Turning it over she remarked on the lovely idea of a label - a nice touch.

Fiesta said...

Sheial I do label my quilts. Looks like it will come in handy one day.

Ali Honey said...

Yes I do. Did you realise a blog is useful for the same reason - you can check when ( more recent ) events happened!

Banaghaisge said...

Gawd Aggie!!! I used to be able to even remember when and where I bought EVERY piece of material... Now I am like you and remember 75% of it!!! Sometimes tho I do find a bit in the scrap bin and have NO IDEA which quilt it came from...
Sigh.
Happy 2010 Sheila~!!!
Hugs and love,
Jasmine

catsmum said...

funny you should ask Sheila ... I got an email from Val D recently asking me when she had made a particular quilt . She was confident that I'd know because it was part of a friendship group round robin we did together in ... as it turns out ... 1996 :]
although I must admit that I haven't been quite as good about it the last year or so. I guess that the blog is my de facto label these days.