Wednesday, December 16, 2009

OLDER

not in debt and not necessarily wiser.  Yes One year older.... yesterday was my birthday.  gosh where have
66 years gone.  But I have lots of memories and I have tried my hand at a lot of different things.
And I hope, I have helped make the World a Better Place.

I would like to show you my neighbour's tree.  I don't think they get such a good view as we do, we can sit on the patio, or swing seat and just bask in its glory.
This is a Jacaranda Tree.



At the moment I am 'baby sitting' for Middle Son and Chosen One.   They are on the move again.  MS really does seem to have itchy feet.

meet the kids




they have made themselves quite at home

Donald



Thomas



and this Beautiful Fellow

Mr T



I have informed Chosen One, she might have a fight on her hands when she wants them back.

But the Scot has promised we can see if we can get a Mr T for me.

10 comments:

Not Lucy said...

Time is such a funny thing. I looked at your post for Wednesday to figure out what your birthday and realized that if I say Happy Birthday to you it is not late - not in my time zone! My birthday is in two days but really only one for you! Just craziness!

So Happy Birthday! You may not be wiser but look at all the beautiful things you have made this year, that has to count for something!

Getta said...

happy birthday Sheila! you have an extraordinary young spirit, and that's much more important than age!and, even more important, your life is full of love. Some years ago my grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary (they were only a couple of years older then you, but they were very young when they met each other)and I made for them an embroidery which said "a loving heart is always young" and that's what I really believe :-)
so have an happy birthday with all the people you love! :-)

Jules said...

(((((((((((s)))))))))))) and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

retdairyqueen said...

Missed your birthday
Sincerely hope it was a good one and from the bad hair cut photo I would definately not have picked you for 66
I know you have helped make my little world a better place

Lindi said...

So sorry I missed the day, Sheila. I'm still catching up with stuffs since getting back home at the weekend. House is in chaos!
So....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To a wonderful friend, who has an amazing way of entertaining and cheering others through her blog, and who cares about us all, and has a very generous spirit!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday and may your hair grow back quickly!

<3
Sarah

Sue said...

Ohhhh! I'm late, late, late for your birthday...I hope it was happy.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Sheila...sorry I missed your birthday...HOpe you had a great day!!!

pegsplace said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sheila. I hope that you did something totally special for yourself! I didn't realize that you are a December baby. Me too! :). Mine is on the 21st, thankful to celebrate it too this year!

Love the turtles. Which one are you going to hide?

Later
Peggy, in COLD Canada!

miniaturequilter said...

Love those turtles too, maybe they can find new turtles as these ones have decided to stay with you!:-)))
Also Happy belated Birthday, wishing you (and hubby) a wonderful happy healthy year.