Friday, November 20, 2009

FRIDAY FLAUNT and a TEASE

I seem to be addicted to bags at the moment, but a neighbour saw the one I made for the swap and thinks they would make great presents.   She doesn't sew but she is a good cook.   So here is the first one, giving me freedom to use the fabrics I choose sure makes it easier.  But I was hoping to have all four to show you, but three are cut out ready to sew.  The sewing machine did start to run a bit hot, so I had a break, can't have a burnt out motor just before Christmas.    Or would I get a new machine.    I know...... In my Dreams.



and the tease is......

an email just came in from my Sister in England and I quote....



.Just to tell you today HL has posted your Sisters swap
You may open the two cards.
Birthday Present may be opened only on your BIRTHDAY.
The other two to go under the tree and opened on Christmas Day.
Now just do as you are told and do not spoil the Fun.
Btw. DO NOT READ THE DECLARATION SLIP ON PACKET.

What is she trying to do to me.............. I will be a nervous wreck.

and its still             
 35 more sleeps

9 comments:

Jules said...

How lovely! The bag is great! Beautiful colours. New machine? Well this is for The Scot:-
H E L L O oo just the pest dropping in to pass on what a little bird (!) told me. Someone very close to you has a Birthday (you know, those days, once per year, when people jump up and down hoping for cards and gifts because they are another year older.. and not only that! It will soon be Christmas! Now being the lovely chap you are, I know how you aim to show your esteem and affection and thanks.... well you know, keep her in your good books. I might have an idea - shh - 'a machine' Yes, fantastic. But one which sews preferably. Anyway, I leave that to you, but just thought a reminder might be welcome.......?

Back to you now Birdy. Was really. really, pleased to hear that Barn Owl has popped up bearing gifts. I have missed her on her blog and do hope she soon feels a little better.Jx

Fiesta said...

Great bag! It will make a great gift.

cinzia said...

Gorgeous bag... mine always turn out lopsided.

Lindi said...

Love the bag! Addictive, aren't they!

Molly said...

Is that ALL? I might as well throw in the towel now.....Another lovely bag Birdy! Is it for the neighbour who admired the other one?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great bag...I love bags...I reckon a gal can never have too many!!!

Vickie said...

woohoo way to go the bag is superfantastic...oh no not a tease parcel-that's just so hard I have a couple of envelopes here that clearly state NOT TILL birthday..well gosh I feel guilty just looking at them..oh yes don't blow up the machine before christmas the big sale are always on after hehehe,cheers vickie

Molly said...

I was referring to the "35 more sleeps" Birdy! I need 95......dirver

Molly said...

Agh! "Dirver" was the word verification.....