Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I DO LOVE POSTIE

I am getting to know my Delivery Postman very well now.   We have the normal Postie who comes on  his Motor Scooter every weekeday.  He brings the letters, bill, cheques, although there are not many of those now we are retired.  And the Delivery Postman who delivers larger parcels and uses the van.

But this morning whilst in the sewing room, working out the final sizes for the bag for the Stitcher's Angel Swap.....I heard the Postie Van and ran to greet Postie, I wasn't expecting a parcel  but..

one with Royal Mail on..... ahah   this must come from the UK.   Then the writing, I can't mistake the small neat writing of my sister.



(writing has been blanked)

as usual opening in haste..... but look what she has sent me





She is very good at dressmaking, helping me make my wedding dress and those of the three bridesmaids (wedding were different in the last century :)  ) and also at Cross Stitch.

This is beautifully stitched, and one of the things that makes it special is the design.

Northampon is the town where I spent the first 21 years of my life.  Being born, taught, learnt lessons of life and then met  The Scot.

If you look at the centre, slightly down and to the left you will see Blisworth.   This is where my first home was as The Scot's betterhalf wife.  He owned a caravan and it was situated there.  We spent 4.1/2 blissfull months there, before leaving the fair country and coming to Australia.


Thanks barnowl, that is a wonderful present and so very close to my heart.

Also enclosed was a lovely handmade card.   All my sisters seem to excell in this ..... as in our sister swaps, my cards are really the poor little sister variety.


oh and I thought you might be interested in seeing what The Scot did when its cold and raining outside....

If it doesn't work,  he will fix it, if he doesn't know how he goes to the library and gets a book on the subject.   His sister will confirm that when he was 8 yrs old he took his Mother's Vacuum Cleaner to pieces, just to see how it worked.   haha    she made him put it back together...... but there was one piece left over.

I have learnt now..... Silence is Golden.    Well after I have had my say that is.



3 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely cross stitch and so meaningful
Clever man
Seems all your family are clever/creative

Jules said...

Oooooooooooooo How lovely! That work is beautiful. Now we know one of the reasons why Barn Owl has been so quiet....... She has been really busy, stitching away. What a beautiful present and keepsake of memories.

Now The Scot - well birdy, I just hope YOU never break down........! If you are anything like me, your bits and pieces may have gone a bit south, but they can stay there! If it ain't broke - don't try to fix it! LOL...

Fiesta said...

That crosstitch is beautiful. What a thoughtful gift.