Thursday, October 29, 2009

4 SEASONS SWAP

The new post box has been used.

Today I received a parcel, very well wrapped, the customs label fabric, and it was from Betsy.
Now the only Betsy I could think of was Quilting Fiesta in USA,  a blogging friend.

She has been so sneaky, we have been commenting and exchanging emails for some while now, and I never even gave it a thought that my swap partner could be her.

 this is what I received






A Holiday themed quilt, not too difficult with my colours lol, as she knew I loved Christmas.

The pattern for the uninitiated is Cathedral Window.  Super..... I have only every done two.  that is blocks not quilts, and these were made into a needlecase.  I wont be using it as a wallhanging, as it looks perfect on the dining room table.

Also a small present.  



The blocks Quilting Fiesta had done for herself and her daughter and I admired them when she photo.ed them on her blog.   I have the perfect red with a pin spot to make them into a quilt.

And I have never had such a 'posh' tea towel before.   for show not for using ....take note Scot.
Also a decoration, but I wont keep it for Christmas as it will hang by my sewing machine.





And not only but also, two fat quarters.  such yummy fabrics...



these will go into my "Holy Stash Box"

Thank you so much Betsy for such thoughtful swaps.  It really makes them special when you actually know the person.

Also thanks must got to the Swap Mom Margaret for all her hard work in co-ordinating this.

What fun we have on the internet.

8 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely gifts
I did a cathedral window block once It became a pincushion
Some peple are so clever

Jules said...

What a lovely gift (or two or three) Very clever to make that Cathedral Window. If I try anything like that it looks like bubble wrap! lol Probably tension problem!

Molly said...

That cathedral windows wall hanging is gorgeous! But I thought we still had a few months 'til Christmas!?

Love your "Watch the Birdie" on the side bar!

miniaturequilter said...

Your mini is so pretty, what a lovely quilt! It is fun to get one from someone you know!

Barn Owl said...

Whar a beautifuk Quilt.
Tha Colours are Amazing
Realy TIP TOP.

Barn Owl said...

Sticky fingers BEAUTIFUL

Julie said...

You are a very lucky lady to be partnered with such a giving swapper. Although I'm guessing you are just as giving yourself!

Narelle said...

Your holiday swap quilt is just delightful!