Saturday, September 12, 2009

LOVELY SURPRISE IN THE EMAIL

12/09/2009






 As many of you know I left the fair shores  cold tarmac of Heathrow Airport in The Land of My Birth in January 1966 to follow my heart which was of course with The Scot.

I left behind a family.   My Mother and Father, who unfortunately I never was able to speak face to face with again.  But somehow I know my Father envied the advantage I had to be able to come to Australia.  As he had mentioned to me before that he would have like to have been able to do the same.
Also a sister and her two daughters.

The elder daughter has lovely photos of herself, and her children on her  blog Spreading the Faerie Dust.

But today in the email box I received, from my sister some lovely photos of my second niece.

Memories of this niece are a little girl of   3 or four, who insisted on sitting on the pavement whilst a bridesmaid at my wedding.


The other beautiful little girls are      left to right       The Scot's Niece and  The FQ  her sister.









and here are the photographs I received today.






















they were just asking to be put into a pretty frame.

6 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

That is so gorgeous

Barn Owl said...

Thank You Birdie

Miss you both very much
Love ou both till the moon comes home.

Vickie said...

that bought a tear to my eye how lovely, cheers Vickie
p.s. I think I'm a tad slow at times ?your blog has a new dress and it's lovely?

Jules said...

Well done Birdie! How lovely. Your sister Eileen has two lovely daughters - and she is a lovely lady herself.

Ps - What happened to your Ten Pound blog please? All a part of the patchwork of life............

Fiesta said...

Sheila that is so nice and I know it just made your day.

pegsplace said...

So beautiful! Sisters! The frame is just gorgeous. I've never seen anything likd that.